- 8 slices (1/2 inch thick) multigrain bread
- 1 red bell pepper (julienne sliced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (julienne sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (julienne sliced)
- 8 oz. baby Portobello mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 oz. fresh goat cheese (classic chèvre) room temp.
- 4 tbsp. basting oil(see recipe); divided
- fresh dill
- 1 tsp.salt (divided)
In a medium sized frying pan over medium heat, sauté julienne bell peppers with basting oil and salt (about 10-15 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
In the same pan over medium heat sauté sliced baby Portobello mushrooms in basting oil and salt (about 10-15 minutes)
Spread each slice of bread with a generous amount of goat cheese, layer the sautéed peppers and mushrooms. Top with a desired amount of fresh dill. Close each sandwich and place in a preheated Panini press. Cook for about 2-5 minutes.
Enjoy the mouth-watering goodness !
Print Recipe: goat cheese panini